We're looking for a Network Field Engineer who will take ownership of all aspects of the Hook’d network from design and deployment to operation and support. The ideal candidate will build relationships with customers, partners, and vendors. Our Engineer will own requirements, capacity analysis, service configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting, in addition to being responsible for analyzing and resolving network behavior, performance, and application issues.
A Typical Week
- You’ll design, deploy, and operate Hook’d networks throughout North America.
- You’ll manage network infrastructure including network switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, and the management platforms for those systems.
- You’ll maintain regulatory compliance with network infrastructure components through vulnerability remediation, upgrades, configuration hardening, and recurring audits.
- You’ll troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
- You’ll analyze and understand network performance statistics and respond appropriately.
- You’ll complete site documentation while in the field and update related databases.
- You'll deploy enterprise-level IoT devices within the network.
- Proven history of successfully designing and deploying networks
- 5+ years of 5G/LTE technology experience
- 5+ years of 802.11 ac/ax technology experience
- Advanced knowledge of common antenna system issues such as interference and passive intermodulation
- Advanced knowledge of installation techniques (such as RF cable fabrication, wiring of DC power, Ethernet and Fiber cable terminations)
- A skilled communicator who communicates clearly, kindly, and frequently
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Must be able to work outdoors and lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be highly responsible and self-motivated
- Able to work some weekends or off hours as necessary
- Able to travel throughout the U.S. as needed
- Love of a fast-paced environment and the satisfaction of a busy and productive day