We’re looking for an innovative Electrical Engineer with a passion for engineering revolutionary telecommunication products. The ideal candidate will be able to develop and design complex printed circuit boards, from key component selection and schematic entry right through to multilayer board layout. Our Electrical Engineer will contribute to the development of our next generation products by designing, testing, and validating our products and processes from prototype to market.
A Typical Week
- You’ll use your hands-on practical experience of board level electronic system design to lead, coordinate, and participate in the design, testing, and documentation of high-quality electronic components, hardware, and firmware.
- You’ll select and evaluate key integrated circuit components for new designs, while also documenting new designs of circuit boards and harnesses.
- You’ll layout circuit boards using CAD software and perform qualification testing of completed designs.
- You’ll build and test prototypes, assisting in procurement of components for prototype builds.
- You’ll work with mechanical engineers to define how circuit boards will fit in final assemblies and provide assistance in manufacturing final products in-house.
- 7+ years of experience in electronics engineering and complex systems product design
- Experience using CAD packages such as Altium, OrCAD, or PADs
- Demonstrable knowledge of common electronic interfaces (e.g., USB, SATA, PCIe, Ethernet)
- Ability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced electrical engineering methods and tools
- Thorough understanding of analogue, digital, and mixed-signal electronics
- Ability to solder fine pitch parts
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balance systematic analysis with decisiveness in an ambiguous environment
- Experience in product environments that are highly regulated
- Phenomenal attention to detail, well organized, methodical in completing documentation and following procedures, able to balance multiple activities concurrently, and be flexible to suit changing priorities
- A love for all things electrical